Dear Campus Organizations and University Departments,
On Saturday April 18th, 2015, ASUCI will be hosting the annual Wayzgoose Festival in Aldrich Park from 10:00AM to 3:00PM. Wayzgoose is a part of Celebrate UCI, the campus open house. We invite all campus groups to participate in Wayzgoose by hosting a booth that contributes to the event by selling food or hosting a game. Your support is essential to the success of this UCI community event and this is a great opportunity for your group to recruit new members, raise money, or perform a group activity. Last year’s event was a huge success and we are excited to see Wayzgoose grow again this year!
Wayzgoose 2015 is a sustainable festival. We strongly encourage each group to reflect the 50th Anniversary theme in their booth decorations and attire. There will be a water bottle refilling station, so please bring a water bottle.
Please note the following facts and dates:
- Monday, March 2nd: Booth sign-ups begin online
- Friday, March 27th: Booth sign-ups end at 11:59 p. m. online
In our continuing effort to reward those who plan ahead, Wayzgoose booth spaces will remain self-assigned this year. To officially sign-up, your group must select your booth’s location, determine your booth activity, and pay the registration fee in full.
We hope that you will share in the excitement and the enthusiasm that is the 2015 Wayzgoose Festival. If you should have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us in ASUCI at (949) 824-2400.
Only registered campus organizations, university departments and other approved student, faculty or staff groups are eligible to display and sell at the faire. Other non-profit community groups may set-up informational booths only, with prior approval. All booths must contribute to the campus community or to the event’s theme.
1) All applications for booth spaces and electrical access must be submitted by March 27th. Payment is due within 10 business days of submission of application.
2) There are booth spaces that will be provided with an electrical outlets. These spaces must be reserved through the online process and must be paid for in advance. The electrical outlet will provide a maximum of 15 amps/120 volts and all groups must supply their own extension cords (at least 25 ft).
3) Wayzgoose is now a Zero Waste Event and all participating groups are encouraged to utilize eco-friendly biodegradable and recycled materials in their booth construction and activities. Wayzgoose is now Styrofoam free! Please refrain from using Styrofoam materials of any kind (i.e. plates, cups, coolers, etc.)
4) If you are distributing perishable food items you must adhere to the following instructions: A member of your organization who has signature authority (authority to sign for your department, club or organization’s activities) must apply for a temporary food permit. For more information and to apply for the permit online: http://www.ehs.uci.edu/programs/sanitation/foodpermit.html. The food permit request must be completed by Tuesday 4/14 @ 5pm.
5) Booth space is defined as a 10’ x 10’ (100 Sq. Ft.) section of land. Larger spaces are only available by applying for additional 10’ x 10’ booth spaces. Each organization is responsible for all supplies necessary to construct its booth.
6) All booth construction and delivery of merchandise or materials will occur between 7:00AM and 9:00AM. Given the heavy traffic in Aldrich Park on the day of Wayzgoose, not all clubs will be provided with vehicle access to the park. While in the park all vehicles must stay on the asphalt paths while driving. Pull on the grass to unload. The park must be cleared of all vehicles no later than 9:30AM. Specific instructions regarding vehicle access to the park will be emailed to all participating groups after the close of booth registration. If you’d like to request vehicle access for load-in/load-out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7) Booth reservations are on a first come, first served basis. Food booths will be limited to three of any one kind. For liability reasons it may be required that you provide a certificate of insurance depending on your booth activity. All sign-ups are final; please choose your booth’s activity and position wisely. Please inform ASUCI immediately of major any changes to your booth activity.
8) Each group is responsible for cleaning up its own booth space and the area surrounding it. We provide trashcans and recycling bins around the park. Please help us keep Aldrich Park clean!
9) Your UCI Photo I.D. will be required to check out any equipment rented from ASUCI. Your I.D. will be held until all equipment is returned. Groups are responsible for any damage to or loss of rental equipment in their possession. ASUCI reserves the right to ask that all rentals and equipment be returned immediately upon request.
10) The fair is focused on community enjoyment, and any activity deemed inappropriate by ASUCI may be denied by ASUCI at any time. ASUCI reserves the right to move any booth location in advance or on the day of Wayzgoose.
11) ASUCI is not responsible for any losses to groups should the event be canceled due to weather or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of ASUCI. No refunds will be provided for cancellations within 7 days of the event.
12) As with every year, if you intend to sell food you must submit to us in the application your top five choices of items. There will only be three orgs. that can sell the same item. You will submit them when you complete the application to booth and will be contacted on Thursday, March 30th, 2015 on what you can sell. The deadline to submit a food permit will be Tuesday, 4/14 @ 5pm. Any submissions after this date will be automatically rejected by EH&S. When submitting a food permit application the reservation id will be: “Wayzgoose 15.”
How to fill out the form
(VERY IMPORTANT BELOW!)
When you log in, you will be presented with a map of all of the booths in the park. The booths that are green are available to be selected, and blue are booths with electricity. The booths that are red are either already taken, or are in the process of being taken. Click on the apply link to reserve that booth.
Green = Available regular booth
Blue = Available electricity booth ($50 extra fee)
Red = Booth taken
If you are a club or organization that has a club account with ASUCI, we will automatically withdraw the money for your booth from your club account. For those that do not have a club account, we will email you an invoice to be paid online. It may take 1-2 business days for us to send you an invoice, and you will have 7 calendar days after receiving the invoice to pay it before your booth space is forfeited. Departments, we will contact you on how to make a payment using KFS, please do not make a payment before we contact you.
This map also allows you to add information about your club and booth! There is a section for you to put what it is that you’re selling, what information your booth has, or what games you can play there. Please limit this to a few words (ie, Hamburgers, Ballon Darts, etc). You can also upload an image (icon, or group photo), enter in your club website URL, and provide a short paragraph on what your group is doing at the booth, or just information about who you are.
If you are not sure how to fill out the form, or are having problems, please send an email to email@example.com.